Product Hall of Fame: Intelligent Nutrients Anti-Aging Serum
Every so often a beauty product comes along and just completely rocks my world. And I use it to death, and I recommend it to everyone who will listen to me (and sometimes to people who won't).
In the last three weeks, I have recommended Intelligent Nutrients Anti-Aging Serum to people at least, AT LEAST, eight times. I'm not even kidding about that. It's that good. And then I thought, if I'm recommending this THIS much, I should be writing about it on the TC Style blog.
So here's why I love it:
- You need literally 1-3 drops to cover your entire face and neck. So even though you can only get 1.7 ounces of it in a bottle, it lasts forever. And it's really that thick and delicious.
- It's USDA Certified Organic. That means it's really, truly organic, and unlike other brands, it doesn't just contain one organic essential oil way down at the bottom of the ingredient list.
- They don't test on animals. Why is this just not a given these days?
- There's no silicone. Hate to burst your bubbles but a lot of serums or shampoos, or anything that says it is hydrating and makes your skin feel smooth often has silicone in it. That just coats the outside, but doesn't do anything for your skin or hair.
- No petrochemicals. You're not putting petrochemicals on your skin, are you? Double check.
- No parabens.
In those one to three drops, you get a mega-dose of Horst's Intellimune Seed Oil Complex. Sounds like a bunch of hooey, maybe, but it is the most intensely hydrating thing I've used in my life. As a lifelong dry-skin sufferer, I can promise you I have tried just about every gimmick and product out there to get relief from tight, dry, scaly, itchy, dull skin. This makes my skin feel like I've come straight from the esthetician. You also get safflower seed oil, argan oil, grapeseed oil...among a million other lovely real, plant-based super hydration booster ingredients. I slater it on and get immediate relief. Some days I don't even use a moisturizer. True story. I make sure to get around my eyes, and coat my poor, chapped lips. (It has not solved that problem—I fear nothing ever will!—but it sure feels nice.)
Here's the other awesome thing. It's $60. Before/If you recoil in horror, consider that some people pay upwards of $300 for less than an ounce of serum that has far inferior ingredients and little-to-no efficacy, and with harmful or filler ingredients. $60 for 1.7 ounces of this goldmine is fully worth it. I have yet to have anyone who tried it disagree with me.
I kind of want to slather it all over every problem that crops up, not unlike the Windex solution in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It's that good. So if you're caught in the midwinter doldrums, and your skin is looking dull or dry or flaky—this is 100 percent my suggestion to you. Pick it up at Intelligent Nutrients' new Mall of America location, its East Hennepin Avenue location, at Nature of Beauty, or their website.
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2013 in Permalink